By S. N. Eisenstadt (Eds.)
Read or Download Readings in Social Evolution and Development PDF
Best game theory books
One of many major difficulties in present financial idea is to jot down contracts that are Pareto optimum, incentive appropriate, and in addition implementable as an ideal Bayesian equilibrium of a dynamic, noncooperative online game. The query arises if it is attainable to supply Walrasian kind or cooperative equilibrium strategies that have those houses.
Rate of interest types: an unlimited Dimensional Stochastic research viewpoint experiences the mathematical concerns that come up in modeling the rate of interest time period constitution. those matters are approached by means of casting the rate of interest types as stochastic evolution equations in endless dimensions. The e-book is created from 3 elements.
Procedure and Politics: An creation to online game thought is designed to introduce scholars with out history in formal conception to the applying of online game concept to modeling political strategies. This obtainable textual content covers the fundamental points of video game concept whereas conserving the reader always involved with why political technology as a complete would receive advantages from contemplating this system.
- Modeling Bounded Rationality
- The Complex Networks of Economic Interactions: Essays in Agent-Based Economics and Econophysics
- Pursuit-Evasion Differential Games
- Set-valued Optimization: An Introduction with Applications
- Schließende Statistik: Eine Einführung für Sozialwissenschaftler
Extra resources for Readings in Social Evolution and Development
In regard to motivation it is abundantly clear that very similar motives will express themselves very differently in different social structures. It has, for example, been repeatedly shown that while economic rivalries between states are apt to generate frictions conducive to war, similar clashes of economic interest between localities within a state produce no such effect. The intensity of the competitive motive may be the same in the two cases, but the behaviour is different as we move from one form of political organization to another.
Analysis of Processes of Role-Change: A Proposed Conceptual Framework, Final Research Report, Jerusalem, The Hebrew University, Department of Sociology, Technical Note N o . 7, Contract N o . AFGI (52>480, 1963 (mimeographed), 43 pp. MURDOCK, G. , Social Structure, New York, Macmillan, 1949. , Elements of Social Organization, London, Watts, 1951. FORTES, M. ), Marriage in Tribal Societies, Cambridge Papers in Social Anthropology, Cambridge University Press, 1962. PARSONS, T. and SMELSER, N . , Economy and Society: A Study in the Integration of Economics and Social Theory, London, Routledge & Kegan Paul, 1956.
22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. READINGS IN SOCIAL EVOLUTION AND DEVELOPMENT EISENSTADT, S. , Social change differentiation and evolution, American Sociological Review, 2 9 (3) (1964), 375-86. EISENSTADT, S. , Breakdowns of modernization, Economic Development and Cultural Change 1 2 ( 4 ) (1964), 345-67. CARNEIRO, R. , Scale analysis as an instrument for the study of cultural evolution, South-Western Journal of Anthropology, 1 8 (1962), 149-69. SCHWARTZ, R. D . and MILLER, J. C , Legal evolution and social complexity, American Journal of Sociology, 7 0 (1964), 159-70.