By Ellery Adams
Ellery Adams serves up a secret that's a true peach...
Ella Mae LeFaye's Charmed Pie Shoppe is wildly well known in Havenwood, Georgia--which isn't a surprise considering that Ella Mae can lace her baked items with enchantments. The shop's awesome good fortune turns out destined to proceed whilst Ella Mae meets an engaged couple who lease her to deal with the dessert buffet at their marriage ceremony.
But Ella Mae has much on her plate. She can be looking for the starting place of her magical powers--and hoping to figure out if the spark of allure she feels for the good-looking Hugh Dylan is genuine or simply her new talents long gone awry.
Then Ella Mae discovers a high-standing member of the neighborhood useless, and a marriage visitor turns into heavily sick on the occasion she's catering. Now she'll need to use all her sleuthing abilities and culinary abilities to end up her pies don't comprise a killer aspect . . .
Read or Download Peach Pies and Alibis (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, Book 2) PDF
Best paranormal phenomena books
In 1918, the area turns out at the verge of apocalypse. american citizens roam the streets in gauze mask to beat back the lethal Spanish influenza, and the govt. ships younger males to front traces of a brutal battle, growing an environment of worry and confusion. Sixteen-year-old Mary Shelley Black watches as determined mourners flock to séances and spirit photographers for convenience, yet she herself hasn't ever believed in ghosts. in the course of her bleakest second, besides the fact that, she’s compelled to reconsider her complete method of taking a look at lifestyles and dying, for her first love—a boy who died in battle—returns in spirit shape. yet what does he wish from her?
Featuring haunting archival early-twentieth-century pictures, it is a annoying, romantic tale set in a prior that's eerily like our personal time.
Each year, Blue Sargent stands subsequent to her clairvoyant mom because the soon-to-be lifeless stroll previous. Blue by no means sees them—until this 12 months, whilst a boy emerges from the darkish and speaks to her.
His identify is Gansey, a wealthy pupil at Aglionby, the neighborhood deepest tuition. Blue has a coverage of staying clear of Aglionby boys. often called Raven Boys, they could basically suggest trouble.
But Blue is interested in Gansey, in a manner she can't solely clarify. he's on a quest that has encompassed 3 different Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship scholar who resents the privilege round him; Ronan, the fierce soul whose feelings diversity from anger to melancholy; and Noah, the taciturn watcher who notices many stuff yet says very little.
For so long as she will be able to take into account, Blue has been warned that she's going to reason her real love to die. She doesn't think in real love, and not suggestion this is able to be an issue. yet as her lifestyles turns into stuck up within the unusual and sinister global of the Raven Boys, she's now not so yes anymore.
Hours of serious studying watch for, with ghostly stories from many of the nineteenth and twentieth century's most famous authors.
About the Megapacks
Over the previous couple of years, our “Megapack” sequence of publication anthologies has proved to be one among our hottest endeavors. (Maybe it is helping that we occasionally provide them as charges to our mailing checklist! ) One query we maintain getting requested is, “Who’s the editor? ”
The Megapacks (except the place particularly credited) are a bunch attempt. all people at Wildside works on them. This comprises John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and lots of of Wildside’s authors… who frequently recommend tales to incorporate (and not only their very own! )
• “At Chrighton Abbey,” through Mary Elizabeth Braddon, initially seemed in 1871.
• “The Haunted Mill,” via Jerome ok. Jerome, initially seemed in 1891.
• “The misplaced Ghost,” through Mary E. Wilkins Freeman, initially seemed in 1903.
• “The Ghost Club,” through John Kendrick Bangs, initially seemed in 1894.
• “The Shadows of the Dead,” by means of Louis Becke initially seemed in 1897.
• “The Room within the Tower,” by means of E. F. Benson, initially seemed in 1912.
• “The Haunted and the Haunters,” by way of Lord Edward Bulwer-Lytton, initially seemed in 1959.
• “The Drummer Ghost,” by way of John William DeForest initially seemed in 1870.
• “Miss Jéromette and the Clergyman,” via Wilkie Collins initially seemed in 1875.
• “The Spectre Bride,” by means of William Harrison Ainsworth, initially seemed in 1822.
• “The Tapestried Chamber; or, the woman within the Square,” via Sir Walter Scott, initially seemed in 1829.
• “The outdated Nurse’s Story,” by means of Elizabeth Gaskell, initially seemed in 1852.
• “The Judge’s House,” through Bram Stoker, initially seemed in 1891.
• “At the top of the Passage,” by means of Rudyard Kipling,” initially seemed in 1891.
• “The Withered Arm,” through Thomas Hardy, initially seemed in 1888.
• “John Charrington’s Wedding,” through Edith Nesbit, initially seemed in 1891.
• “The guy of Science,” by means of Jerome ok. Jerome, initially seemed in 1892.
• “What Did pass over Darrington See? ” by means of Emma B. Cobb initially seemed in 1870.
• “A Ghost Story,” by means of Mark Twain, initially seemed in 1903.
• “The Soul of Rose Dédé,” by means of M. E. M. Davis, initially seemed in 1888.
• “The condo of the Nightmare,” via Edward Lucas White, initially seemed in 1906.
• “Reality or fantasy? ” via Mrs Henry wooden, initially seemed in 1868.
• “Fisher’s Ghost,” through John Lang, initially seemed in 1859.
• “Through the Ivory Gate,” via Mary Raymond Shipman Andrews, initially seemed in 1905.
• “The chilly Embrace,” through Mary Elizabeth Braddon, initially seemed in 1860.
Ellery Adams serves up a secret that's a true peach. ..
Ella Mae LeFaye's Charmed Pie Shoppe is wildly renowned in Havenwood, Georgia--which isn't a surprise due to the fact Ella Mae can lace her baked items with enchantments. The shop's notable good fortune turns out destined to proceed while Ella Mae meets an engaged couple who rent her to deal with the dessert buffet at their marriage ceremony.
But Ella Mae has much on her plate. She can also be looking for the foundation of her magical powers--and hoping to figure out if the spark of charm she feels for the good-looking Hugh Dylan is real or simply her new talents long past awry.
Then Ella Mae discovers a high-standing member of the group useless, and a marriage visitor turns into heavily in poor health on the occasion she's catering. Now she'll need to use all her sleuthing abilities and culinary skills to turn out her pies don't comprise a killer aspect . . .
- Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, Book 3)
- The Accidental Genie (Accidentals, Book 7)
- Of Shadows and Obsession: A Short Story Prequel to Of Metal and Wishes
- The Mummy Megapack: 20 Classic and Modern Tales by Masters
Additional info for Peach Pies and Alibis (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery, Book 2)
The water boiled, the animals died, the enemy was mown down and the raging of the blaze made the trees collapse in rows as in a forest fire. The elephants made a fearful trumpeting and sank dead to the ground over a vast area. Horses and war chariots were burnt up and the scene looked like the aftermath of a conflagration. Thousands of chariots were destroyed, then deep silence descended on the sea. The winds began to blow and the earth grew bright. It was a terrible sight to see. The corpses of the fallen were mutilated by the terrible heat so that they no longer looked like human beings.
In the eighth book we meet Indra in his heavenly jet chariot again. Out of the whole of mankind he has chosen Yudhisthira as the only one who may enter heaven in his mortal frame. Here, too, the parallel with the stories of Enoch and Elijah cannot be overlooked. In the same book, in what is perhaps the first account of the dropping of an H bomb, it says that Gurkha loosed a single projectile on the triple city from a mighty Vimana. The narrative uses words which linger in our memories from eye-witness accounts of the detonation of the first hydrogen bomb at Bikini: white-hot smoke, a thousand times brighter than the sun, rose up in infinite brilliance and reduced the city to ashes.
So Methuselah described how a boy had appeared in his son's family who looked much Page 39 more like a son of heaven than a man. His eyes, hair, skin and whole being were unlike those of the rest of the family. Enoch listened to the story and sent old Methuselah on his way with the extremely worrying news that a great judgment would come upon the earth and mankind and that all 'flesh' would be destroyed because it was sordid and dissolute. But the strange boy whom the family were suspicious of had been chosen as the progenitor of those who should survive the great universal judgment.