By J. Kittler, R. Ghaderi, T. Windeatt, J. Matas (auth.), Josef Bigun, Fabrizio Smeraldi (eds.)
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the 3rd foreign convention on Audio- and Video-Based Biometric individual Authentication, AVBPA 2001, held in Halmstad, Sweden in June 2001.
The fifty one revised papers provided including 3 invited papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen for inclusion within the ebook. The papers are equipped in topical sections on face as biometrics; face photograph processing; speech as biometrics and speech processing; fingerprints as biometrics; gait as biometrics; and hand, signature, and iris as biometrics.
Read Online or Download Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication: Third International Conference, AVBPA 2001 Halmstad, Sweden, June 6–8, 2001 Proceedings PDF
Best international conferences and symposiums books
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the twelfth East ecu convention on Advances in Databases and data structures, ADBIS 2008, held in Pori, Finland, on September 5-9, 2008. The 22 revised papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from sixty six submissions. Topically, the papers span a large spectrum of the database and knowledge structures box: from question optimization, and transaction processing through layout easy methods to software orientated themes like XML and information on the net.
This quantity contains a set of papers awarded on the Workshop on details defense, held in Moscow, Russia in December 1993. The sixteen completely refereed papers via the world over recognized scientists chosen for this quantity supply a thrilling point of view on mistakes keep watch over coding, cryptology, and speech compression.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the ninth overseas convention on synthetic Intelligence: technique, platforms, and purposes, AIMSA 2000, held in Varna, Bulgaria in September 2000. The 34 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 60 submissions. The papers are equipped in topical sections on wisdom development, reasoning less than sure bet, reasoning lower than uncertainty, actors and brokers, net mining, usual language processing, complexity and optimization, fuzzy and neural structures, and algorithmic studying.
- Comparative Genomics: RECOMB 2005 International Workshop, RCG 2005, Dublin, Ireland, September 18-20, 2005. Proceedings
- Applications of Evolutionary Computing: EvoWorkshops 2007:EvoCOMNET, EvoFIN, EvoIASP, EvoINTERACTION, EvoMUSART, EvoSTOC, and EvoTransLog, Valencia, Spain, ... Computer Science and General Issues)
- Privacy Enhancing Technologies: 8th International Symposium, PETS 2008 Leuven, Belgium, July 23-25, 2008 Proceedings
- Computing Methods in Applied Sciences: Second International Symposium, December 15-19, 1975 (English and French Edition)
Extra info for Audio- and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication: Third International Conference, AVBPA 2001 Halmstad, Sweden, June 6–8, 2001 Proceedings
15. B. Moghaddam and A. Pentland, “Probabilistic visual learning for object representation,” IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 696–710, 1997. 16. A. J. Field, “Emergence of simple-cell receptive field properties by learning a sparse code for natural images,” Nature, vol. 381, no. 13, pp. 607–609, 1996. 17. J. Phillips, H. Wechsler, J. Huang, and P. Rauss, “The FERET database and evaluation procedure for face-recognition algorithms,” Image and Vision Computing, vol.
2. FRR of the Previous and the Proposed Methods with Yale Database. 1 3 5 7 9 Person # 11 13 15 Fig. 3. FAR of the Previous and the Proposed Methods with Yale Database. 5 Concluding Remarks This paper proposed a method of face recognition by integrating GA into SVM. Compared to the previous methods which use the whole image as an input vector, this method uses the feature set extracted by GA as an input vector. Our proposed method has several advantages. By selecting the feature set which has superior performance in recognizing faces, the use of unnecessary information of the faces can be avoided and Face Recognition Using Support Vector Machines 37 the memory requirement can be decreased significantly.
Turk, M. : Eigenface for Recognition. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 3 (1991) 72–86. 2. : Face Recognition by Elastic Bunch Graph Matching. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 7 (1997) 775–779. 3. : 3D Human Face Recognition Using Point Signature. Fourth IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (2000) 233–238. 4. S. : Point Signature: A New Representation for 3D Object Recognition. International Journal on Computer Vision 1 (1997) 63-85. 5.