By Tharam S. Dillon, Elizabeth Chang, Farookh Hussain (auth.), Qing Li, Guoren Wang, Ling Feng (eds.)
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the fifth overseas convention on Web-Age details administration, WAIM 2004, held in Dalian, China in July 2004.
The fifty seven revised complete papers and 23 revised brief and business papers provided including three invited contributions have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 291 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on info circulate processing, time sequence information processing, protection, cellular computing, cache administration, question overview, net se's, XML, internet prone, category, and information mining.
Read or Download Advances in Web-Age Information Management: 5th International Conference, WAIM 2004, Dalian, China, July 15-17, 2004 PDF
Similar international conferences and symposiums books
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the twelfth East ecu convention on Advances in Databases and knowledge structures, ADBIS 2008, held in Pori, Finland, on September 5-9, 2008. The 22 revised papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from sixty six submissions. Topically, the papers span a large spectrum of the database and knowledge platforms box: from question optimization, and transaction processing through layout how you can software orientated issues like XML and information on the net.
This quantity contains a suite of papers provided on the Workshop on info defense, held in Moscow, Russia in December 1993. The sixteen completely refereed papers by way of across the world identified scientists chosen for this quantity provide an exhilarating point of view on errors keep watch over coding, cryptology, and speech compression.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the ninth foreign convention on man made Intelligence: technique, structures, and functions, AIMSA 2000, held in Varna, Bulgaria in September 2000. The 34 revised complete papers offered have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 60 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on wisdom development, reasoning lower than sure bet, reasoning below uncertainty, actors and brokers, net mining, typical language processing, complexity and optimization, fuzzy and neural platforms, and algorithmic studying.
- Integration of AI and OR Techniques in Constraint Programming for Combinatorial Optimization Problems: Second International Conference, CPAIOR 2005, Prague, Czech Republic, May 31-June 1, 2005. Proceedings
- Natural Language Processing and Information Systems: 11th International Conference on Applications of Natural Language to Information Systems, NLDB 2006, Klagenfurt, Austria, May 31 - June 2, 2006. Proceedings
- Parallel Computing Technologies: 9th International Conference, PaCT 2007, Pereslavl-Zalessky, Russia, September 3-7, 2007. Proceedings
- Human-Computer Interaction - INTERACT 2005: IFIP TC13 International Conference, Rome, Italy, September 12-16, 2005. Proceedings
- Directions in Databases: 12th British National Conference on Databases, BNCOD 12 Guildford, United Kingdom, July 6–8, 1994 Proceedings
Additional resources for Advances in Web-Age Information Management: 5th International Conference, WAIM 2004, Dalian, China, July 15-17, 2004
Dynamic inheritance. Inheritance is a common phenomenon in the organism world and it is also the key mechanism in the Object-Oriented methodology and systems for realizing reuse. How to realize the inheritance mechanism among evolving resources in an evolving environment is a challenging issue. 5. Degeneration rule of network. Researchers have studied the growth and distribution of the World Wide Web , but they have neglected the degeneration phenomenon. It is common in real world that the development of anything has a limitation.
1. Intelligent Human-Machine Communities Flows Net Threads Distributed Systems Service Space Regulation Space Knowledge Space Live P2P Object Space Power Grid Intranet Sensor Network Mobile Network Semantic Space Grid Web Internet Fig. 1. Reference architecture The live P2P object space is the abstraction of versatile resources in the environment and each object has a life span from birth to death. The net threads realize runtime applications. Regulations in the regulation space are for the autonomous man- 18 Hai Zhuge agement of resources.
Q. Li, G. Wang, and L. ): WAIM 2004, LNCS 3129, pp. 13–22, 2004. © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2004 14 Hai Zhuge Scientists have made significant progresses in establishing highly secure and highly available systems. But so far, we are still far from the goal of self-programming, self-managing and self-replicating. Jim Gray extended Vannevar Bush’s Memex vision to an ideal that automatically organizes, indexes, digests, evaluates, and summarizes information (scientists in information processing area have been pursuing this goal).